Chicago Sexual Harassment Attorney
Let Our Firm Stand up for You
Sexual harassment in the workplace can happen in various ways, leaving employees feeling vulnerable, uncertain about what to do or how to address these issues. Often, individuals fear retaliation and are hesitant to speak up, which results in many cases going unreported.
If you have experienced unwelcome sexual advances or offensive and inappropriate behavior at work, the sexual harassment lawyers at Weiler Law PLLC are here to help. Our dedicated team of employment attorneys in Illinois will safeguard your rights, clarify how the law protects you, and advocate for the compensation and legal remedies you rightfully deserve.
How Our Illinois Sexual Harassment Lawyers Can Assist You
- It is important to us to efficiently resolve our clients' legal matters. In order to avoid the expenses and time associated with trials, our attorneys engage in settlement negotiations with defense lawyers representing your employer. Moreover, we diligently prepare every case for trial readiness in the event negotiations prove unsuccessful.
- With extensive experience representing clients in a wide range of employment law matters, our sexual harassment attorneys have a thorough understanding of federal and state employment laws. We regularly assist in preparing formal reports to employers and filing federal or state claims on behalf of clients.
- At Weiler Law PLLC, we prioritize providing personal attention to every client, ensuring you remain fully informed throughout the legal process. We understand that sexual harassment is a distressing and emotional matter, and we are committed to addressing all your inquiries.
- Our attorneys fight for appropriate compensation and work remedies that fully and fairly compensate you. Depending on the specifics of your case, these may include lost income and benefits, emotional damages, and job placement or reinstatement.
Defining Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
Workplace harassment can take various forms, including offensive behavior or conduct that is of sexual in nature. Additionally, derogatory comments based on an individual's sex can also constitute harassment.
- This unwelcome behavior rises to the level of sexual harassment when it creates a hostile work environment or negatively affects your employment.
Common Scenarios of Workplace Sexual Harassment
Here are some common scenarios:
- A superior states or infers that an employee will only remain employed if they engage in a sexual relationship with them.
- An employee is passed over for a promotion due to rejecting sexual advances.
- An employee endures unwanted requests for sexual favors or inappropriate touching.
- An employee is promised career advancement in exchange for sexual favors.
- An employee is subjected to disparaging remarks or unequal treatment based on gender.
- An employee experiences a frequent onslaught of inappropriate jokes or physical contact.
Protection Against Retaliation
Fear of retaliation often scares employees away from reporting sexual harassment. However, employees have the right to report such incidents, and employers are prohibited from retaliating against them.
You may have a legal claim if you have experienced:
- Wrongful termination
- Other adverse job-related consequences for exercising your legal right to report sexual harassment
Your Employee Rights in Illinois
If you have been a victim of workplace sexual harassment, don't hesitate to reach out to Weiler Law PLLC to schedule a consultation.
Our attorneys will guide you in understanding your rights and provide top-quality legal advice and representation. Remember, you do not have to tolerate harassment, retaliation, or any other form of illegal workplace conduct.
Call Weiler Law PLLC today at (312) 313-0202 or contact us online to begin your workplace sexual harassment case.
"If I ever have an employment law dispute like retaliation, I will contact them again."Kevin W.
"Everyone who worked with James pertaining to my case was AMAZING as well."Saquitta H.
We've Changed Our Name!Read More
Whistleblower Protections for NursesRead More
Nurse-to-Patient Ratio in ArizonaRead More
What Are Arizona’s Time Off for Voting Laws?Read More
How Do I Collect Unemployment Benefits in Arizona?Read More
Examples of Employment Religious DiscriminationRead More
Client Prevails in Race Discrimination and Retaliation LawsuitRead More
What Is Age Discrimination?Read More
Personalized.We understand that each of our client's cases is unique and make sure to tailor our services to meet their individual goals.
Efficient.We aim to resolve our clients' legal disputes in an efficient and effective manner by minimizing cost and time as much as possible.
Results Oriented.We are determined to fight for your case and continue to uphold our track record of success.
Over 14 years of litigation experience.