Chicago Wage & Hour Disputes Attorneys
At Weiler Law PLLC, we understand the frustrations that come with wage and hour disputes. Our firm is committed to promptly evaluating and resolving your case, seeking solutions that benefit both employers and employees. By doing so, we aim to minimize negative financial consequences and expedite the resolution process.
Helping Workers Secure Their Earned Wages
Weiler Law PLLC brings extensive experience in handling various wage and hour disputes, including:
- Overtime pay
- Minimum wage
- Commission calculation disputes
- Vacation pay disputes
- Paid sick leave disputes
- Issues concerning tipped workers
- Salary calculation disputes
- Bonus calculation disputes
- Determination of employee or independent contractor status
- Excess hours
- Wrongful deductions
- Wage nonpayment issues
Contact Our Attorneys
If you believe your employer owes you unpaid wages, don't hesitate to reach out to Weiler Law PLLC for a consultation. Our team is here to address your concerns and provide answers to your questions. Let our experience work in your favor.
Understanding Wage & Hour Law
Wage and hour laws encompass regulations that protect employees by governing wage rates and ensuring proper compensation for working hours. These laws cover important aspects such as overtime, mandatory meal and rest breaks, minimum wage, tips, vacation and sick leave, severance, and more. In addition to the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), most states, including Illinois, have their own wage and hour laws.
Types of Wage & Hour Cases
Our attorneys handle a range of wage and hour cases, including:
- Minimum wage disputes - Failure to pay the minimum wage as mandated by federal and state law.
- Meals & rest breaks disputes - Unpaid breaks of 20 minutes or less, unpaid breaks during which work is still performed, or failure to provide required breaks.
- Off-the-clock work - Failure to compensate for work performed outside regular working hours or time spent donning or doffing work-related gear or uniforms.
- Vacation pay disputes - Nonpayment for accrued and unused vacation time (where applicable).
- Unpaid overtime - Failure to pay premium overtime wages for hours worked beyond a 40-hour workweek, unless exempt, or misclassification as an independent contractor to evade overtime payment.
"If I ever have an employment law dispute like retaliation, I will contact them again."Kevin W.
"Everyone who worked with James pertaining to my case was AMAZING as well."Saquitta H.
We've Changed Our Name!Read More
Whistleblower Protections for NursesRead More
Nurse-to-Patient Ratio in ArizonaRead More
What Are Arizona’s Time Off for Voting Laws?Read More
How Do I Collect Unemployment Benefits in Arizona?Read More
Examples of Employment Religious DiscriminationRead More
Client Prevails in Race Discrimination and Retaliation LawsuitRead More
What Is Age Discrimination?Read More
Personalized.We understand that each of our client's cases is unique and make sure to tailor our services to meet their individual goals.
Efficient.We aim to resolve our clients' legal disputes in an efficient and effective manner by minimizing cost and time as much as possible.
Results Oriented.We are determined to fight for your case and continue to uphold our track record of success.
Over 14 years of litigation experience.