While many of us would like to believe that our country has progressed to a point at which all people are treated equally under the law, workplace discrimination still occurs in many industries. Fortunately, many kinds of employment discrimination are illegal under federal and Arizona laws.
- The Arizona Civil Rights Act
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- And the Age Discrimination in Employment Act ( this protects employees from various types of discrimination in the workplace)
If your employer has discriminated against you in hiring, firing, or while employed, you can do something about it. With the help of a skilled employment law attorney, you can file charges with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and, if necessary you can right the wrong through civil litigation.
At Weiler Law PLLC, our team is committed to fighting for justice in the workplace. We have dedicated our law practice to the mission of aggressively representing clients in claims and lawsuits against the unlawful actions of employers.
Who Is Protected From Employment Discrimination?
Under the above-mentioned laws, the following characteristics/issues are protected against workplace discrimination:
- National origin
- Sexual orientation
- Age (40 years or older)
Workplace discrimination is unlawful in all aspects of employment from:
- Hiring to promotion
- Job assignment
- Work schedule
- And all other decisions related to the terms and conditions of your employment
This means that your employer cannot treat you differently from other job applicants or employees based on the above characteristics.
What Are Examples of Workplace Discrimination?
Examples of workplace discrimination include but are not limited to:
- Being terminated because of your race or pregnancy
- Being paid less for doing the same work as other employees because of your sex or disability
- Having your LGBT spouse denied company health insurance
- Being passed over for a promotion because you are considered too old
- Being subject to retaliatory measures due to making a complaint about discrimination
- Being pressured to retire or being laid off because of your age
- Being subjected to a hostile work environment based on your sex or sexual orientation
How To Deal With Workplace Discrimination
Employment discrimination cases can be dealt with in a variety of ways. For example, you may start off by filing a complaint with your employer, supervisor, or human resources department.
These complaints can then be used to investigate and resolve the discriminatory actions. If that proves unsatisfactory, further action with the EEOC or a lawsuit in court may be needed.
Please refer to our EEOC Process page for further understanding of how we can help you file a charge with the EEOC.
Why Choose Weiler Law PLLC for Your Discrimination Case?
When it comes to fighting for justice in the Arizona workplace, you need an experienced and dedicated legal team on your side. At Weiler Law PLLC, our Phoenix workplace discrimination lawyers have a proven track record of success in handling discrimination cases.
Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- Extensive experience: Our team has years of experience in employment law and has successfully represented numerous clients in discrimination cases. We have a deep understanding of the complexities of discrimination laws and know how to navigate the legal system to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Personalized approach: We understand that every discrimination case is unique, and we take the time to listen to your story and understand your specific circumstances. We tailor our strategies to meet your individual needs and goals, ensuring that you receive the personalized attention and representation you deserve.
- Strong advocacy: We are fierce advocates for our clients and are committed to fighting for their rights. We will aggressively pursue your case, utilizing our extensive knowledge of employment case law to build a strong and compelling argument on your behalf.
- Proven results: Our track record speaks for itself. We have achieved successful outcomes for many clients in discrimination cases, securing compensation, and justice for those who have been wronged in the workplace.
Don't let workplace discrimination go unchallenged. Contact Weiler Law PLLC today to schedule a consultation and discuss your discrimination case with our experienced legal team.
Take Advantage of Our Successful Employment Case Law Experience
We consult with and represent employees who have been discriminated against but who want to remain in their company’s employ as well as those want a change. Regardless of what type of discrimination you have endured, Weiler Law PLLC can answer your questions, address your issue, and advise you honestly about your chances of winning an EEOC claim or a civil lawsuit in court.
Our goal is to effectively handle your discrimination case in the most cost-effective manner possible whether legal remedy is taken through:
- The EEO
- Through private action with your employer
- Or through a lawsuit
"If I ever have an employment law dispute like retaliation, I will contact them again."Kevin W.
"Everyone who worked with James pertaining to my case was AMAZING as well."Saquitta H.
What Does Discrimination Based on Disability Mean?Read More
What Does Discrimination Based on Age Mean?Read More
What Does Discrimination Based on Sex Mean?Read More
What Does Discrimination Based on Religion Mean?Read More
What Does Discrimination Based on Race, Color, or National Origin Mean?Read More
Can I Be Fired for Any Reason if I Am an “At-Will” Employee in Arizona?Read More
Retaliation Risks: How to Protect Yourself as a WhistleblowerRead More
Understanding Sexual Harassment: Recognizing the Different Forms and ImpactRead More
Personalized.We understand that each of our client's cases is unique and make sure to tailor our services to meet their individual goals.
Efficient.We aim to resolve our clients' legal disputes in an efficient and effective manner by minimizing cost and time as much as possible.
Results Oriented.We are determined to fight for your case and continue to uphold our track record of success.
Over 14 years of litigation experience.