Sexual harassment in the workplace can take on many forms. Employees who face sexual harassment or assault may be unsure of their rights and how they should handle these matters. Employees are often afraid to speak up about harassment, and as a result, these cases frequently go unreported.
If you have faced unwelcome sexual advances or otherwise been a victim of someone’s offensive conduct and behavior at work, Phoenix sexual harassment attorneys at the law firm of Weiler Law PLLC can help. Our Phoenix employment lawyers will work to protect your rights and advocate for the compensation and legal remedies that you deserve.
How Our Phoenix Sexual Harassment Attorneys Can Help
- We work to resolve our clients’ legal matters as effectively and efficiently as possible. To avoid the expense and time associated with trials, our attorneys participate in settlement negotiations with defense attorneys. They also make sure that every case is trial-ready in case those negotiations are unsuccessful.
- We have represented clients in all types of employment law matters. Our sexual harassment attorneys know federal and state employment laws. They regularly assist with preparing formal reports to employers and in making federal or state claims and related filings.
- We provide personal attention to every client to make sure that you are fully informed at every step of the legal process. We know that sexual harassment is a stressful and emotional matter, and we will be available to answer all of your questions.
- Our attorneys will fight for appropriate compensation and work remedies that will fully and fairly compensate you. Depending on the facts of your case, compensation and remedies may include lost income and benefits, emotional damages, and job placement or reinstatement.
What Is Considered Sexual Harassment at Work?
Harassment can take on many forms in the workplace, such as offensive conduct and behavior toward an employee that is sexual in nature. Offensive comments that are made regarding someone’s sex can also amount to harassment.
This unwelcome conduct rises to the level of sexual harassment when it creates a hostile work environment, or when someone’s employment is threatened or negatively impacted by the conduct.
What Are Common Workplace Sexual Harassment Scenarios?
As mentioned above, sexual harassment in the workplace can occur in many different ways, including in the following common scenarios:
- An employee’s continued employment is conditioned on engaging in a sexual relationship with a superior.
- An employee is passed over for a promotion because he or she turned down sexual advances.
- An employee experiences unwanted requests for sexual favors or inappropriate touching.
- An employee is promised workplace advancement in exchange for sexual favors.
- An employee is subjected to disparaging remarks or unequal treatment based on his or her gender.
Employees are often afraid to report sexual harassment because they believe that it might affect their employment status, or that their employment conditions will be negatively impacted. Employees have a right to report harassment, and employers are prohibited from punishing them in return.
You may have a legal claim if you have been:
- Wrongfully terminated
- Or experienced other negative job-related impacts for exercising your legal right to report sexual harassment
Arizona’s Employee Rights Lawyers
If you have been sexually harassed at work, contact a Phoenix employment law attorney at the law firm of Weiler Law PLLC to schedule a consultation. We also serve clients located in Tucson and Scottsdale, AZ.
Our attorneys can help you understand your rights and provide you with high-quality legal advice and representation. You do not have to accept harassment, retaliation, or any other type of illegal workplace conduct.
"If I ever have an employment law dispute like retaliation, I will contact them again."Kevin W.
"Everyone who worked with James pertaining to my case was AMAZING as well."Saquitta H.
What Does Discrimination Based on Disability Mean?Read More
What Does Discrimination Based on Age Mean?Read More
What Does Discrimination Based on Sex Mean?Read More
What Does Discrimination Based on Religion Mean?Read More
What Does Discrimination Based on Race, Color, or National Origin Mean?Read More
Can I Be Fired for Any Reason if I Am an “At-Will” Employee in Arizona?Read More
Retaliation Risks: How to Protect Yourself as a WhistleblowerRead More
Understanding Sexual Harassment: Recognizing the Different Forms and ImpactRead More
Personalized.We understand that each of our client's cases is unique and make sure to tailor our services to meet their individual goals.
Efficient.We aim to resolve our clients' legal disputes in an efficient and effective manner by minimizing cost and time as much as possible.
Results Oriented.We are determined to fight for your case and continue to uphold our track record of success.
Over 14 years of litigation experience.